Thursday, February 23, 2012

Does my VW Passat need a front brake hose?

I had my 98 VW Passat at the dealership recently. They said my front brake hose is cracked, and the vehicle may not be safe to drive. They charge a fortune for repairs, so I took it a different shop. The mechanic agreed that the hose is cracked. But he said the hose is simply covering a metal casing. The metal is fine, so I don't need to repair the hose. The car is safe to drive.Does my VW Passat need a front brake hose?WRONGO!!! Your front flex hoses are there to allow for the turning of the front wheels. Think about it, if there was metal lines all the way to your wheel hubs, how would you turn the wheels without bending and kinking them? There are metal lines down to the area of the front wheels, in which there is a rubber brake line (Flex line) that connects to the vehicles Brake Calipers. If the hoses are cracked, you are in danger of rupturing one of them, pumping out brake fluid, sucking air into the system, and creating a costly repair for yourself, not to mention losing your brakes somewhere while driving can be dangerous. Don't mess around when it comes to brakes or fuel, that's my motto.Does my VW Passat need a front brake hose?
YesDoes my VW Passat need a front brake hose?Yes, change the hose.Does my VW Passat need a front brake hose?
anything you take to the dealership will be most costly and never the less to exstreme. yes your brake hose maybe cracking or worn. people still rode for years like that but on the other hand whats a few extra bucks knowning you could stop on a dime. your brakes works by pressure, too much pressure, cracks become hole; hole = no brakes AND NO THERE IS NO METAL CASING DEAL. THAT RUBBER IS A PRESSURIZED HOSE.Does my VW Passat need a front brake hose?It's probably ok for now but the rubber is on there for a reason, most likely to protect the line inside from wear or corrosion. So if funding isn't there now to do it keep it in mind as something to save for and do in the near future. If that hose blows then your brakes will fail. It's never a good thing to be going 60mph and realize you have no brakes so don't wait for it to happen.Does my VW Passat need a front brake hose?
If the hose is FLEXIBLE, it is an actual brake hose that would be dangerous to drive without repairing. METAL brake LINES are sometimes wrapped in rubber on VW products as a further protection and corrosion preventative. HAVE a technician SHOW this to you, personally. You will get to know the difference.
  • chocolate fondue recipe
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment