Thursday, February 23, 2012

I am looking in to buying a 2001 VW Passat has any one had any problems with this kind of car ?

I am a women looking for a good second hand car I was looking into Honda and Volkswagen are this cars good cars for a women? I don't want to spend to much time at the auto shop. I need help !I am looking in to buying a 2001 VW Passat has any one had any problems with this kind of car ?As a rule, VW's the past few years have not been very reliable. They have recently started to get better though. The 2001 Passat had problems with engine coils (if it is the 1.8 turbo 4) and other electrical gremlins. VW service is also rated dead last, and parts and hourly rates are higher than the norm. In short, it will probably break down and cost a lot of time and money to fix. A lot of shops cannot work on them as they require special tools and diagnostics. It is a shame as they are very nice cars.



I would do a Honda myself. I would be a little wary of the automatic transmission on the V6 models though, there have been known problems. A 4 cylinder version is probably a better bet for longevity (and mpg).



A Camry would also be a good bet, but they are not all that fun to drive. At least the Accord will take a turn and put a grin on your face occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment