Thursday, February 23, 2012

How do I earth a SONY car stereo in VW Polo?

It appears i have a lead missing as none of the radio stations save?How do I earth a SONY car stereo in VW Polo?If the radio stations don't save, but the stereo works otherwise, then your earth is fine.

What is missing is the "always live" feed.

A car stereo should have two live feeds - one is live all the time (usually yellow) and is used to keep the memory and code, the other is live only when the ignition is on (usually red) and is used to power the stereo, ensuring that the stereo goes off when you turn the ignition off.How do I earth a SONY car stereo in VW Polo?Find the ground screw or threaded hole where you can attache a ground wire. Otherwise you have to either take black or brown wire and ground it to your chassis or frame. Are you german by the way? I know germans that say earthing instead of grounding, because they translate it from erden.How do I earth a SONY car stereo in VW Polo?^ What Neil said^ if it works other then saving your stations your permanent live lead is wired to the wrong place/ not wired in or broken.How do I earth a SONY car stereo in VW Polo?
I had the same problem as Neil mentioned in my Polo with a sony head unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment