Thursday, February 23, 2012

How do I reset the check engine light on my 98 VW Jetta?

Do I reset the check engine light on my 98 VW Jetta?How do I reset the check engine light on my 98 VW Jetta?Turn on the ignition, hold in the trip reset button, turn off ignition. Still holding the reset button turn on again, display should flash, then release the trip reset and turn to the right until the display clears. Turn ignition off and back on to check service message has clearedHow do I reset the check engine light on my 98 VW Jetta?I just had to test out Alan's response, and it did absolutely nothing. Sorry Alan, but after trying out your suggestion a couple minutes ago it was a complete failure. BTW, out of curiosity what is it that you're turning to the right? The steering wheel...maybe...possibly?

Report Abuse

How do I reset the check engine light on my 98 VW Jetta?CEL light can only be reset after all fault codes have been cleared ... you need the diagnostic tool called vagcom or go 2 a mechanic/spare parts place they might be able 2 helpHow do I reset the check engine light on my 98 VW Jetta?
I know nothing. Is it hard to get to the battery cables? I know if you undo the battery it resets everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment