Sunday, February 26, 2012

What are the best tires for my 2002 VW Passat?

I live in the northeast (US) so I need something that handles well in snow.What are the best tires for my 2002 VW Passat?I agree, Bridgestone Blizzak is the best Snow Tire for you, however if you are looking for a good all around tire then you should look at the Goodyear Assurance TripleTred it has excellent wet, dry, and snow traction.What are the best tires for my 2002 VW Passat?
I wouldnt have a set of brigdstone ,firestone tires on any of my vehicles, not even my tennis shoses!!

Report Abuse

What are the best tires for my 2002 VW Passat?Bridgestone Blizzaks. I live in the Northeast as well and have dealt with several feet of snow and some treacherous, icy conditions with these great tires. I found them on www.tirerack.com. They can ship the tires to your mechanic to make it easy! Only keep them on during snow season though, usually Nov through early April.What are the best tires for my 2002 VW Passat?
Go to a reputable tire dealer and ask him to see a performance listing on the tires he stocks. This lists the handling characteristics of the tires, based on factory testing. Pick the top five or so that are significantly outstandingly rated, then price them in your size. Base you final decision on the price of the best of the best or the best as your income dictates. Try to pick about a 60k to 65k mile tire, they aren't as hard as the 80k's but are more cost effective than the 40-50k tires. If you find the better rating in an 80k, go for it. When you negotiate the deal, always try to factor in lifetime spin balance as well as rotation. You may have to push, to get them to do so. Its a money maker, when they give free rotation only. This will extend the comfort and life of your tires.What are the best tires for my 2002 VW Passat?First find out what size you have. The size will determine what company makes that size and then just shop for an all season tire. If you are really worried about winter, buy snow tires. Doesn't really matter though. I live in SD, and your winters are NOTHING compared to ours, and we're used to snow. Several of us just slap on whatever we can find. If you are a good driver , get whatever comes in your size that is cheap. If you are one of the goofballs I see on the news sitting in the ditch, get dedicated snow tires.....or a snowmobile.What are the best tires for my 2002 VW Passat?
Check tirerack.com for their best sellers for your vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment