Sunday, February 26, 2012

What do you think about a VW Golf or VW Jetta?

I live in San Francisco and have a HUGE cargo van. I want a small car, and I know German cars are great. Anyone out there ever had a VW Golf or Jetta?

I want a used one.

Give me the good the bad and the ugly here...What do you think about a VW Golf or VW Jetta?I have owned many Volkswagens and i have to tell you for an older car being used they are one of the best if not the best.



I have owned 3 Volkswagens so far, i had a 1983 Volkswagen Rabbit GTi, a 1998 GTi VR6, and my current car a 2006 GTi.



All of these cars were pre-owned before i took ownership, i have had the general parts that go bad on any car (for example: CV shafts and injectors my issues with the injectors was at 230,000 miles on my '83)



For what model you should get well there is something you should know first.



the Golf and the Jetta are produced in a almost identical process (Jetta frame is extended to make it a sedan) so picking your golf/Jetta should be on looks since the use the same motor, interior, doors, electronics, and just about everything.



Good hunting for one just try to stay 1999 and newer so it will keep u out of the extremely high miles area.What do you think about a VW Golf or VW Jetta?No matter what model you choose, get one with the TDI diesel engine. With proper preventative maintenance, they are good for 500k and get great fuel mileage.What do you think about a VW Golf or VW Jetta?Yup go for the TDI, Resale value is better, fuel economy is far better, The performance is as good as the base gas engine and with good maintenance it will last for ever. They are known for electrical gremlins, but cars that are going to have them usually have them early on in life and are taken care of by the warranty. There is also great support for the vehicles on forums online. If you want something that is a little quicker, a 1.8T or a 2.0T is excellent. You get lots of power and still get over 30mpg on the highway. The Diesels will get over 40 on the highway. My Dad's TDI gets 49 highway and 38 city. My 2.0T gets 32mpg highway and 25 mpg city. Excellent cars, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment