Sunday, February 26, 2012

Why does my 99 vw golf 1400 not start after not driving it for after 3 or 4 days. 200,000 kms on it . It has?

a new battery. When I try to start it the engine turns but sounds like a high whine like the starter is spinning but wont start I keep doing this till the rpm builds up enough to start it . After I get it started it runs fine if I drive it every day or start it up every day.Why does my 99 vw golf 1400 not start after not driving it for after 3 or 4 days. 200,000 kms on it . It has?maybe the starter is wearing and sometimes it catches and sometimes it doesnt.you can dent the starter with a hit from a hammer that can make it catch and prolong having to replace itWhy does my 99 vw golf 1400 not start after not driving it for after 3 or 4 days. 200,000 kms on it . It has?Sounds like your valve lifters are leaking down. Then when you go to start it, there is lots of clearence between your lifters and your valve train, hence why it spins over so fast, until it builds oil pressure and fills up the lifters and then it works properly, builds compression, etc.



You may need to replace the hydraulic Lifters.

No comments:

Post a Comment