Sunday, February 26, 2012

Is it possible to lower the front of a pre-1981 VW Beetle the same way you can lower the rear?

I have a '77 standard Beetle, and wanted to avoid buying anything to lower the front. I know that it is possible to lower the rear by pulling the spring plates off the torsion bars and rotating them one or two splines, and it seems that one should be able to do the same with the front torsion bars. Any ideas?Is it possible to lower the front of a pre-1981 VW Beetle the same way you can lower the rear?I owned a 1971 VW fastback that required repeated adjustments to the suspension via lowering and raising. I kept going to larger and larger tires front and back, eventually reaching a 205-75. This required constant raising of the front and rear by the mechanic over the years. I made %26gt;10 adjustments over a 10 year period. It was fairly easy and uncomplicated. Good Luck!Is it possible to lower the front of a pre-1981 VW Beetle the same way you can lower the rear?I know that they can be raised that way. So I would assume that they can also be lowered.Is it possible to lower the front of a pre-1981 VW Beetle the same way you can lower the rear?Yes same deal

No comments:

Post a Comment