Sunday, January 29, 2012

How do I replace an oil pan on a 2003 VW Passat V6?

I cracked my oil pan and called the shop. They said itd take a good 7 hrs of work to replace it costing $490. I looked underneath at the pan and it looks like a sway bar is all thats in the way, that I can loosen up easily. Does anyone have any experience with this?How do I replace an oil pan on a 2003 VW Passat V6?If you want to do the work yourself, I would suggest a VW repair manual.

You may be able to check a copy out at your local library.

See what is involved in replacing the oil pan; the manual will tell you if you need special tools. Also , it will include torque specs for the many bolts that surround the pan.

However, $490 seems a fair price in my opinion...... if it included parts, labor, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment