Sunday, January 29, 2012

I need to install OBDII system from scratch on my VW Mexican Beetle to import it into US. Where do I start?

I have mechanical training and in order to import this car from Mexico I need to make it OBDII (On Board Diagnostic) compliant. I can do it myself if I can just get the procedure and parts. I can't find any info on the web to do this from scratch. I'm hoping some gear-head on here can help me out.I need to install OBDII system from scratch on my VW Mexican Beetle to import it into US. Where do I start?...Beetles have not been Manufactered in the USA for a long time...So the idea of pulling one out of a wrecked Beetle is out of the question!!...Trying to interface an OBD system into an air cooled VW???...I hope you have an engineering degree in Automotive Tech!!...I need to install OBDII system from scratch on my VW Mexican Beetle to import it into US. Where do I start?You CANNOT import mexican bugs into the US with or without the obd system.

No comments:

Post a Comment