Sunday, January 29, 2012

Have VW Polos got any better over the years?

A few years back (1997), I had a new VW Polo 1.4 SE. It was a nice car, well built and felt solid. However, the suspension and handling was rubbish. It wallowed round corners, felt like it was going to turn over.



Has anybody bought a more recent example, have they improved, and are they worth the money?Have VW Polos got any better over the years?Yes! I'm on my 3rd Polo. This face lifted model from 2005 onwards is a mini-golf. Very comfortable to drive on long journeys. The 1.4 TDI PD engine easily gives 55-60 mpg on long journeys.



The only downside is VW service costs! Although the spy pics of the new Polo looks cool. I'm moving up to the big brother next time, a golf for me!Have VW Polos got any better over the years?
I have a Polo 1.4 SE on a 52 plate and I really like it, I have only had it for 6 months and so far I have had no major problems, the only thing is the VW repair and service prices are so high, I need to change a lamba sensor which is a really easy job, I got somebody to fit it but still had trouble as you have to tell the on board computer you have changed it!! so had to spend 拢300 just to take it into VW so there could sort out the computer, but apart from that no complaintsHave VW Polos got any better over the years?Got a '97 Skoda Felicia which uses the Polo chassis. Handles fine and doesn't wallow at all. Sounds like you had some duff tyres or springs/dampers.Have VW Polos got any better over the years?
definitely - I had a polo once and it handled nicely except the brakes were absolutely useless, I don't know how it ever passed its MOT, and that was no defect, they were built like it !!Have VW Polos got any better over the years?I recently bought my wife a Polo 1.6 2004 and it runs great. She just changed it form her older Polo '98 which never gave us any problems either, and actually ran great which is why we changed for the same make and model just a newer year.

The new Polo (which changes model in '02) is very sleek and smooth, runs real nice. My wife is very pleased.

You might have had faulty shocks or steering issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment