Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How can I get rid of the musty smell that comes out of my 2003 Vw Jetta's Air Conditioner?

Something I can do here at home, and nothing that sticks to the vents. Thanks!How can I get rid of the musty smell that comes out of my 2003 Vw Jetta's Air Conditioner?Try running the A/C and the heater BOTH on high for about ten minutes. The heat will kill any mildew that's growing on the evaporator coil. You need to do this about once a month to keep the system from smelling bad. Give it a try before you give your money to a mechanic.





I AM a mechanic....How can I get rid of the musty smell that comes out of my 2003 Vw Jetta's Air Conditioner?
Fabreeze.How can I get rid of the musty smell that comes out of my 2003 Vw Jetta's Air Conditioner?It's not easy to do but with most cars you can remove the ducting and clean it out. If that fails, you can get an anti-mildew type of cleaner and spray it down into the vents. That should clean up the mustiness though you might get some bleachy smell for a little while. I guess it depends on which you like less
Take it to a VW dealership and let a mechanic look at it. There might be a filter for the ventilation system that can be replaced for little or no charge.How can I get rid of the musty smell that comes out of my 2003 Vw Jetta's Air Conditioner?pull out the blower motor under the passenger side floor-board. use any spray cleaner tp pull through the system. let it go for a while and you're good to go.How can I get rid of the musty smell that comes out of my 2003 Vw Jetta's Air Conditioner?
The more you use it the better it will be.

Leave the fan on high speed. The evaporator coil becomes wet from condensation and will clean itself if you give it enough time.

Another good thing would be to turn the a/c off or turn the temperature all the way up to heat about 5 or 6 minutes before you park the car at night. This dries the evaporator coil so the wetness from the A/C will not grow mildew fungus.
Sounds like the drain is plugged. When you use AC it accumulates water. If that water can not drain out, it will get musty. Unless you are comfortable with tearing the system apart. Take it to a dealer.How can I get rid of the musty smell that comes out of my 2003 Vw Jetta's Air Conditioner?
replace the cabin filter

No comments:

Post a Comment