Sunday, January 29, 2012

What is the metal tube that came with my 1970 VW Beetle fuel line replacement kit?

It is a trapezoidal piece of metal tubing that attaches somewhere to the fuel line. Where does it go?What is the metal tube that came with my 1970 VW Beetle fuel line replacement kit?If I'm not mistaken it goes from the fuel pump around the fan shroud and through the front vertical pan. The rubber fuel line coming from the body attaches to it. What is the metal tube that came with my 1970 VW Beetle fuel line replacement kit?Daves right --it hangs in a nylon snap lock and goes thru a rubber grommet near the #3 spark plug lead. After it snakes behind the distributor it is spliced to the fuel pump with some rot-me cloth covered fuel line. Make sure you get it on the correct fitting at the fuel pump.

No comments:

Post a Comment