Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How do I remove the doors on my old VW bug?

I'm redoing an old "bug" with my grandson. I can't seem to figure out how to remove the pins that hold the door in place. Do these pins need to be punched or screwed out? I don't see any slots on either the top or bottom of the pins indicating they are threaded. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks, old grandpa.How do I remove the doors on my old VW bug?The hinges are screwed to the door and to the body I believe.How do I remove the doors on my old VW bug?The hinges are screwed to the body by large #4 cross-point screws. Look in the door jam where the hinge enters the body and,if they are still there,there should be plastic plugs covering the access hole for the screws,pry them out and the screws are right there.How do I remove the doors on my old VW bug?Which model of Bug is it?



Do you want to remove the door with the hinges, or separate the hinge from the door?



In my 1972 Super Beetle, each hinge is fitted to the door-frame by means of 2 large screws.

No comments:

Post a Comment