Sunday, January 29, 2012

How do I fix my gas guage in a 2003 VW New Beetle?

I have a 2003 new Beetle, and the gas gauge is getting wonky. When the tank is full, it shows about a quarter tank. The trick is that when it gets to empty, it shuts the gas pump off, even though there is over 1/2 a tank left. This just started happening. The fuses are fine, and there are no other problems. I am wondering if it is the floater.



What can I do?How do I fix my gas guage in a 2003 VW New Beetle?There is a float in the fuel tank of your car! It is built into the fuel pump! But you can get just the sender! I will try to explain how this works! The float is connected to the sender. Witch depending on where the float is in the tank will move the sender that gives you your fuel level! If the sender is not reading correctly will give you the wrong fuel reading! As for the pump shutting off when fueling your gas tank vent line might be clogged!How do I fix my gas guage in a 2003 VW New Beetle?Most newer cars these days dont have floaters. They have electronic level controllers. But that may be your problem. If you cant afford to have a shop look at and diagnose your problem then that is where I would start. Good luck.How do I fix my gas guage in a 2003 VW New Beetle?Everyone is right, ITS THE FLOAT!! My moms car did this, wasn't a VW, but same problem. Good lUck!

No comments:

Post a Comment