Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hi everyone, I have recently bought a 98 vw polo and it starts whistling when im driving?

Its as if the wind is coming in but i know its coming from the engine or sometimes sounds like its coming from the back of the car? I was thinking it might be the heater or a filter need changing somewhere? Any help will be much appreciated...Thanks and best regards, Cliffy.Hi everyone, I have recently bought a 98 vw polo and it starts whistling when im driving?i had this sound happen with my 97 jetta. I found out that it happens when the Fan selector is set to defrost and changed to floor. the way i found to fix it is to change the selector all the way to the right (dash mounted vents). And then back to floor for floor air. this seems to solve my whistling problem.Hi everyone, I have recently bought a 98 vw polo and it starts whistling when im driving?I seen this a lot on old air cooled beetles. If you look at the tailpipe you will see that there is a baffle inserted inside. (In the case of the beetles, I just got a screwdriver or awl and collasped the innards. Then I used a vice grip to pull it out of the tailpipe. Gave my car a slightly deeper sound "but without that whistle".

You may have something similar to what I am describing..

No comments:

Post a Comment